Dr. Alec Koo received his BS in Psychobiology from UCLA in 1982 and his MD in 1986. He completed his residency in Surgery/Urology at UCLA as Chief in 1992. Dr. Koo has been with our practice since 1992.
He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Urology, Fellow of American College of Surgeon, and as a Regents Scholar of UCLA School of Medicine, a member of UCLA’s Honors College, and Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha. Dr. Koo had been an Assistant Professor of Surgery/Urology at UCLA, Clinical Instructor of Surgery/Urology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA. He is a current member of AUA, CMA, LACMA, SLS, AACU.
He has hospital privileges at Little Company of Mary Hospital and Torrance Memorial Hospital, both in Torrance, CA. He is fluent in English, Chinese, and urological Spanish.
- Since 1992
- General Urology
- Urologic Cancer
- Prostate Disease
- Robotic Surgery
- Stone Disease
- UCLA, BS Psychobiology, 1982
- UCLA, Medical Degree, 1986
- UCLA School of Medicine, Surgery/Urology, 1992
- Large Urology Group Practice Association
- American Urologic Association
- Western Section AUA
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons Professional Association